By William Irwin, David Kyle Johnson
What can South Park let us know approximately Socrates and the character of evil? How does The Office support us to appreciate Sartre and existentialist ethics? Can Battlestar Galactica make clear the life of God?
- Introducing Philosophy via Pop Culture makes use of pop culture to demonstrate very important philosophical options and the paintings of the key philosophers
- With examples from movie, tv, and song together with South Park, The Matrix , X-Men, Batman, Harry Potter, Metallica and Lost, even the main summary and intricate philosophical principles develop into more straightforward to know
- Features key essays from around the Blackwell Philosophy and pa Culture sequence, in addition to precious editorial fabric and a word list of philosophical phrases
- From metaphysics to epistemology; from ethics to the which means of lifestyles, this designated advent makes philosophy as enticing as pop culture itself
- Supplementary site to be had with instructing publications, pattern fabrics and hyperlinks to extra assets at www.pop-philosophy.org